Flyware Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FsXForums Community > Installation and Configuration guide
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFsXPand FMS help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 10:13am
AP parameters are in the apconfig section but I wouldn't encourage you to tweak them Geek
Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 1:11pm
So the 2 May version has a problem in loading the CDU. Here's the replacement to copy over your FsXpand.exe.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Ivan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 11:42am
Hallo Herr Heijnis,
ich habe folgendes Problem. Nach neue Instalation vom FMS habe ich zwei Fehler Meldungen in
FsCLIENT.
1- Run-Timer-Fehler: 339
Component MSCOMM32.OCX oder eine ihrer Abhängigkeiten nicht richtig registriert: eine Datei fehlt oder 
ungültig
2- InitNavData: Fehler beim Laden der DLL
Bitte um Hilfe.
Viele Grüße,
Ivan Koidl
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 12:23pm
I have seen this error 3 times over the past 7 years Ermm
MScomm32 is added by the installer; it should be in your system folder now.
You may have to register it: Click Start, Run, type : regsvr32 MSCOMM32.OCX

Or the propblem stems from the other one, loading DLL
dao360.dll in Program files\common files\Microsoft shared may be locked by other software, for instance MSOffice.
Remove the file (backup please) and reinstall the client.
It will then install dao360 and all eligible programs will be able to use it.
By the way, you did try the software earlier in FMS demo mode on another system?

Gert Heijnis, Chief

Ivan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 3:15pm
Danke für Ihrer schneller Antwort. Ich werde es versuchen.
Gruß
I.Koidl
adldata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adldata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 1:41pm
I'm having bizzare issues running 2 FS-Clients.

I run the standard 737 in Flight Simulator X  and the eicas and PFDND I refer to below are the stock standard ones pre-loaded in FS-Client's Panel Picker

Last night and the previous week (since I started running 2 FS-Client machines I have had no issues....1 PC is running PFD and ND  whilst the other running the eicas

Today,  the eicas machine is not displaying data.  

The setup is as follows:

Main Flight Simulator X machine running FSXpand  is  10.0.0.3

eicas machine is 10.0.0.2
PFD ND machine is 10.0.0.1

FSXpand is setup to use 2 clients
Base port is 9000

PFD ND machine is port 9000  and eicas machine is port 9001

So I started the machines up tonight and eicas not displaying real time data but says it's connected to 10.0.0.3 machine (FSXpand machine) but the "connected radio button" on FS-Client eicas machine is not blinking and rate is 0.

PFD ND is working no problems.   "connected radio button" is blinking with a rate of 9.2.

FSXpand shows only 10.0.0.1 machine is connected.

I also noted that eicas machine FS-Client mentioned something at start up today about FMS machine not being shared so it may not be on?

I deleted the FS-Client on the eicas machine and re-installed it.  Set it up again as port 9001 and to look for 10.0.0.3.

It started working and FSXpand machine showed both 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 connected but...now PFD and ND not displaying real time data and eicas is.  Then when I switched screens from FSX to FSXpand I noticed 10.0.0.1 machine connection has dropped off.

As I said....was working no issues yesterday.  Turned machines on today and not.  The ONLY changes I made today were:

FSX machine I plugged a new USB hub in and I plugged in the network cable of that machine to it's secondary LAN card which I've never used before.  However whilst fiddling around trying to resolve my issues I unplugged said cable again from my internet router in case the running of 2 NICs was a possible cause.  This did not fix the issue.  The only thing I did not try is disabling the 2nd NIC in my FSxpand machine after I had connected it to my internet router tonight.  Perhaps it had assigned the IP from my router and now with 2 IPs its actually the root cause?

Any other ideas?

Edited by adldata - 07 February 2015 at 1:56pm
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 6:16pm
The IP addresses and ports look right, it should run 2 clients that way.
The change of the hub is clearly the cause of the trouble. Maybe it meddles with your IP addresses. Disable all DHCP action and assign the IP's for yourself.

The only thing I can think of is that one of your clients connects to the IP and the other to the name of the FSXpand machine. If the IP to connect to changes to that of the 2nd NIC.

Edited by fsgert - 07 February 2015 at 6:18pm
Gert Heijnis, Chief

adldata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adldata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 10:53pm
Thanks fsgert

I'll see what happens when I disconnect the hub but I'm really hoping it is not this purely because I still have a throttle quadrant and track IR to run on the main machine so need USB power.

The two FS-Clients are most definitely conecting to FSXpand's IP address of 10.0.0.3 and not the name of the machine

I assign my IPs manually.  I don't use DHCP.  WHich also confuses me about my 2nd Nic theory but the 2nd Nic theory was formed when I read somewhere in the FSClient/Xpand error documentation about having more than 1 nic in a PC.

I'll update either way so that if I get a resolution and find out what it was then others can benefit.

I'm slowly getting the hand of these applications 

Edited by adldata - 07 February 2015 at 10:57pm
adldata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adldata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 12:30am
Success!

For the record the issue was the 2nd NIC.    I disabled the 2nd NIC and all is good.  The hub is working fine. Seems I will need to enable the 2nd nic only for when I need to access my internet router on my FSX machine.

Thanks for letting me bounce my thoughts off.
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 6:38pm
Right...
No clue as to losing one client if the 2nd NIC is active Ermm
Maybe you can plug in the router to the hub as well and avoid a 2nd NIC.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic