Forum Home Forum Home > FsXForums Community > Cockpitbuilders Knowledge Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FsXPand FMS help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FsXPand FMS help
    Posted: 18 September 2011 at 9:20am
A few points to pay attention to while installing FsXPand FMS:

First of all, please read readme.rtf, release.rtf, FMS_Getstarted.rtf. And then, there is the manual.

1. This version is modular: you can have Basic, or FMS version, depending on a setting in your registration box. If you buy a license, you will get one for the appropriate version you requested.

2. You may get a message: "FMC machine does not exist. Please create a share to FsClient folder."
If there is not enough permission in your PC to create the share automatically, you have to do it manually. In that case the FsClient 6.0 folder should be shared as 'FsClient' (so give it a name), and for 8 users (ample for the use of multiple clients and maybe other network use like remote administration).
Reason is that from now on, flightplan information needs to be accessible via the network for the FMS. For that purpose, each machine needs the FsClient folder to be accessible eventually as a slave. FsClient will do that if the permissions are adequate, which depends on the system's settings.

You may get an error if the share is not there. There have been such problems in the past. Afterwards, it was found that the user in that case had more than one FsClient installed in his PC.
So before installing a new version, please make sure that the old FsClient is no longer shared!

3. The FMS version will allow the creation of a flightplan using keyboard commands (a CDU is essentially a keyboard) and fly the flightplan using MCP functions, again via keyboard commands.
Future compatibility with CPFlight MCP will be added. A CDU which is a mere keyboard can be used.
With the Basic version, it remains possible to load a FP separately on each ND. Captain and F/O will have to load their own flightplan. And fly it by hand (although it is perfectly possible to simulate an FMS by flying FS in GPS mode automatically).
Both versions: For AIRAC updates, FsXPand 6.0 folder has to be shared as 'FsXPand'. FsXPand will do this automatically if possible. See above.

4. On startup, FsXPand 6.0 will check the availability of all system files required, and check for write permissions on needed folders/shares.
Please make sure that you have sufficient read/write permissions on all folders and files used: you should be logged in on all your systems with the same account, and have full administrator privileges. You may need to check folder ownership as well.
In Vista, it may be needful to install in C:\FsClient 6.0 rather than in the Program Files to avoid any security/permission problem.

If you find anything out of the ordinary, please report.

Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
scooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2013 at 10:50pm
activate client and
 get check file permissions. before i buy this i needed a solution.
scooter pilot
rerradem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rerradem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2013 at 9:20am
Hi,
Sorry if this is not the correct place or Forum to ask a quesion. I am having a FSUIPC problem when trying to use the trial basic version. On the Server (using networked PCs) when starting I get an error message of - cannot find FSUIPC, wrong version or not installed -. Have checked your FAQ about this but no solution. What version is required? I am running (networked) Plan-g and GFAPanels on my Client using FSUIPC with no trouble. There is only one.dll file and the only FSUIPC is installed in the Modules folder of FSX.
Can you help
Richard
cheers from Down Under
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2013 at 9:28am
With this message, FsXPand cannot find FSUIPC. Is your FSX running before you attempt FsXpand?
Gert Heijnis, Chief

rerradem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rerradem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by fsgert fsgert wrote:

With this message, FsXPand cannot find FSUIPC. Is your FSX running before you attempt FsXpand?
Thank You. Does FSX has to run first b4 fsXpand? My other Progs running on the Server and Client using FSUIPC will start up ok but the info from FSX is only available after FSX is running and no error about not finding or anything else about FSUIPC.
I am running Win 7 and FSX in full screen mode and to get around fiddeling with the O/S visuals, I select quote Disable desktop composition unquot in FSX Properties under the compatibillity tab.
Once FSX is running, I am unable to see or access any other progs(windows).
Hope this might help and thanks again
Richard
cheers from Down Under
rerradem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rerradem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by rerradem rerradem wrote:

Originally posted by fsgert fsgert wrote:

Thank You. Does FSX has to run first b4 fsXpand? My other Progs running on the Server and Client using FSUIPC will start up ok but the info from FSX is only available after FSX is running and no error about not finding or anything else about FSUIPC.
I am running Win 7 and FSX in full screen mode and to get around fiddeling with the O/S visuals, I select quote Disable desktop composition unquot in FSX Properties under the compatibillity tab.
Once FSX is running, I am unable to see or access any other progs(windows).
Hope this might help and thanks again
Richard

Have solved my problem with IP address configs.
cheers
cheers from Down Under
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 7:57pm
Thanks for reporting... and sorry I missed your message.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Madduck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 10:38am
Hello Simmer

i will fly the SMS / Overland 737-800 with FSXPand-FMS.
in Menue "FSClient -> Flightplan -> FMS Version" i had selected "737-700 24k".

But when i flight by Plane, overreacted this

even it when i selected "737-700 20k"

in the SMS Aircraft.cfg can i change many things. Would it be possible
to change the "acf"-File to reacted better for the SMS / Overland ?
and where is the Segment to do this ?
Greetz Mattes
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 11:55am
Hi Matthias
The 800 has a thrust of 27k. FsXPand expects less, modeled after -700 24k at most, using its values for weight and thrust. So a bigger machine will overreact. Especially so if you choose an even lighter aircraft in FsXPand.
You can influence performance in 2 ways:
- Either you make the aircraft heavier than you tell the FMS, whether by increasing the payload and/or FOB,
- Or you derate the engines in the N1 LIMIT menu of the CDU.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Madduck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 4:52pm
hello Gert

thank you for your answer
your way is realy easyer as to change the acf-File.

happy flying and always three greens LOL
Greetz Mattes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic