Forum Home Forum Home > FsXForums Community > Cockpitbuilders Knowledge Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FsXPand/FsClient 7.1 with Dash-8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FsXPand/FsClient 7.1 with Dash-8
    Posted: 25 August 2014 at 6:56pm
An update for FsXPand/FsClient 7.1  has been released.  All previous patches included.
Main feature:
added Dash-8 100 gauges

Edited by fsgert - 25 August 2014 at 7:01pm
Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
kroswynd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kroswynd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:16am
Hello Gert,

Regarding the new Dash 8 panel release, I have a few questions.  I know that this is still a work-in-progress, and so far looks to be very promising, so I am just trying to gather some more information.

1.  Would it be compatible with the Majestic Software Q300?
2.  Is it possible to have the Attitude indicator with integrated localizer and glideslope and split-cue flight director command bar indicators?
3.  The Altimeter appears not to have a kohlsmann selector knob - how would one set the barometric pressure?

Thanks

Simeon Richardson

Edited by kroswynd - 23 May 2015 at 4:10am
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qUAaiRy9voU/UXGeQnuKlJI/AAAAAAAAGZs/pU1f08CPywo/s500/Banner_MJC8.png
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 8:55am
1. Any built-in logic of 3rd-party aircraft is incompatible with FsXPand which is a stand-alone add-on.
2. GS and loc are integrated. There is no way to have split FD needles. That would require programming another type of AI Ermm
3. Follows FS setting. Any device that sets the value in FS works. Besides, in the client you can use a key command or an external joystick button - analog control - or even a software controlled rotary encoder.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

kroswynd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kroswynd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:24pm
Thank you for the feed back.  I was hoping for some better news for no.1 and 2, as I was going to attempt to use the panels for an analog gauge design of the Dash since we already have the EFIS flight deck in place :D.  Would have made for a great project.

There are still a few possibilities that I may implore for this project.  Will stay in touch.

Thanks

Simeon
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qUAaiRy9voU/UXGeQnuKlJI/AAAAAAAAGZs/pU1f08CPywo/s500/Banner_MJC8.png
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:30pm
There is probably no problem in using the analog gauges. Unless and in so far Majestic has created their own logic, circumventing the native FSUIPC parameters.
But there is no way to emulate the glass displays with FsXPand.
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic