Forum Home Forum Home > FsXForums Community > Cockpitbuilders Knowledge Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Memoriam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Memoriam
    Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:22am
Dear fellow simulator pilots,

My brother Rob has just passed away unexpectedly.
He was the one who introduced me to flight simulation already in 1985, and to real flying in 1990. Which proved to become a treasure beyond understanding in my life.
He was a great advocate of flying and also someone having the most in-depth knowledge on the subject I have ever met.
My sister and I are deeply grieved for this loss and we hope we can continue living with his memory in our hearts, always honouring his attitude of everlasting interest in people and what drives them, his scientific mind and his generosity I have been able to experience a lot, being the younger brother.

Lelystad, The Netherlands, 18 October 2013
Gert and Betty Heijnis
Also in behalf of our family.

You do not die. It's only your manifestation here that does, while the real You opens up to emerge even more beautifully in another world, bringing in the golden harvest gathered here - Sharandu
Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
asboyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 12:59am
Gert,
Our deepest sympathy on the passing of your brother.
I lost my father a year ago and have been helping my mother break out of her old life and find new adventures.
It has been a sad time but a time to celebrate a life well lived....

May you find comfort with family and friends,saoring the skies brings us close to those we miss.....

Alex B and family
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 9:37am
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your concern.
It's like you said, and so we remember him this Christmas for his purposeful life, lived to its utmost extent. And it helps realizing.

Best,
Gert

Gert Heijnis, Chief

msavage71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msavage71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2013 at 5:24pm
Gert,

My condolences go out to you and your family this holiday season, like you I lost my own brother 3 years ago to a horrible accident.  It was with my own brother that I shared the earliest days of my flight simulation experiences with (1984 - Commodore 64) and who went on to eventually become a pilot and own his own plane.... He was an inspiration to all and took time to fly Angel Flights to help kids with critical diseases which we we only learned about after his death..  Like with the holidays comes all the great memories also we can't help but miss those we love.  Hope you keep those great memories alive as we do and remember we will all fly again in the next cockpit of life..

Matt
Been flying online since Bruce Artwick founded SubLogic...
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 10:59am
Hi Matt,

Yes, it all comes together on days like this...
An unexpected decease. We share an experience here. The first time I went airborne at all, in a Fokker F27, it was on his invitation, and so was my first flight in a Piper Cadet.
He was a great teacher and musician. Things revealed only after his death, help us to cherish who he has been, apparently to so many people, who are still giving account of it all.
Someone of his students wrote to us: There is an old belief that on some distant shore,
far from despair and grief, old friends shall meet once more (Jan de Hartog,
found scribbled on the inside of a wardrobe in wartime England during the war)

All the best for 2014
Gert

Gert Heijnis, Chief

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic